All Lessons · 課程總覽 Resources · 教學資源
Tutoring Lesson · Get to Know Taiwan
🏡

My Hometown

我的家鄉

Your student is the expert today — this lesson is all about the town they know best. Because they already own the content, they can relax, open up, and focus on speaking instead of searching for ideas.

⏱ ~60 minutes 🎯 All levels 🔊 Tap to hear any phrase

Before you start tutor prep

開始前 · 給老師的兩分鐘準備

This page is everything you need. Skim it once, then teach straight down the screen. A quick checklist before you say hello: 這一頁就是你需要的全部。先看過一遍,再照著螢幕由上往下教。打招呼前的小清單:

  • Open this page full-screen and share your audio so the 🔊 buttons come through clearly.把這一頁開到全螢幕,分享你的音訊,讓 🔊 按鈕的聲音清楚傳出。
  • Have a blank notes area ready (paper or a doc) to jot down new words and small corrections.準備一塊空白筆記區(紙或文件檔),隨手記下新單字和小修正。
  • Smile and turn your camera on — a warm face does half the teaching.微笑並打開鏡頭——一張溫暖的臉就完成了一半的教學。
  • Remember the goal: lots of student talking time, not lots of tutor talking time.記得目標:讓學生多說話,而不是老師多說話。
Mindset: Today the student is the expert and you are the curious visitor. Ask real questions, react like you genuinely want to visit their town, and let small mistakes pass if the meaning is clear. Confidence first, accuracy second. 心法:今天學生是專家,你是好奇的訪客。問真實的問題,像真的想去他的家鄉一樣回應,意思清楚時就放過小錯誤。先建立信心,再求精準。

1 · Warm-up 5 min

暖身 · 輕鬆開場

Start gently. Keep your own answers short so the student does most of the talking. 輕鬆開始。把自己的回答說短一點,讓學生說大部分的話。

  • Where are you from?你來自哪裡?
  • Is it a big city or a small town?那是大城市還是小鎮?
  • Is it near the mountains or near the sea?它靠近山還是靠近海?
  • Do you like living there? Why or why not?你喜歡住在那裡嗎?為什麼喜歡或不喜歡?
Tip: If the student gives a one-word answer, smile and ask "Oh, tell me more!" Give them a second chance to say a full sentence before you move on. 小提醒:學生只回一個字時,微笑著問「喔,再多說一點!」在往下進行前,給他一次說出完整句子的機會。

2 · Key words & phrases 8 min

關鍵單字與句子 · 點 🔊 帶讀

Tap 🔊 to play each phrase, then have the student repeat it and use it in a sentence about their own town. 點 🔊 播放每個詞句,再請學生跟著念,並用它造一個關於自己家鄉的句子。

  • hometown家鄉 My hometown is a small town in central Taiwan.
  • downtown市中心;鬧區 Downtown is busy on the weekend.
  • countryside鄉下;郊野 There are rice fields in the countryside near my home.
  • neighborhood社區;街坊 My neighborhood is quiet and friendly.
  • temple廟宇 There is an old temple in the center of town.
  • market市場 The night market opens around six o'clock.
  • park公園 People walk and exercise in the park every morning.
  • famous for以……聞名 My town is famous for its mangoes.
  • local specialty在地名產 The local specialty is meatballs.
  • quiet安靜的 My street is very quiet at night.
  • busy繁忙的 The train station is busy in the morning.
  • I'm from ___我來自___ I'm from Changhua.
  • It's famous for ___它以___聞名 It's famous for its old temple.
  • There is / There are ___有一個/有一些___ There is a park, and there are many small shops.
Tip: Don't drill the whole list cold. Teach a word, then immediately ask the student to put it into a true sentence about their own town. Real meaning sticks better than repetition. 小提醒:別把整張清單冷冰冰地操練。教一個字,就馬上請學生用它造一個關於自己家鄉的真實句子。真實的意義比反覆背誦更記得住。

3 · Read & talk 8 min

讀與說 · A 是老師,B 是學生本人

Read this together — you take Tutor (A), the student takes themselves (B). Then swap roles. Tap 🔊 on any line to hear it first. 一起念這段——你當老師(A),學生當自己(B)。然後交換角色。點任何一行的 🔊 可以先聽一遍。

A

So, where are you from?

那麼,你來自哪裡?
B

I'm from a small town in central Taiwan.

我來自台灣中部的一個小鎮。
A

Nice! What is it famous for?

很棒!它以什麼聞名?
B

It's famous for its night market and an old temple.

它以夜市和一座老廟聞名。
A

That sounds great. Is it a busy place?

聽起來很棒。那是個熱鬧的地方嗎?
B

The downtown is busy, but my neighborhood is quiet.

市中心很熱鬧,但我住的社區很安靜。
A

What do you like to do there?

你喜歡在那裡做什麼?
B

I like to walk in the park and eat at the market.

我喜歡在公園散步、在市場吃東西。
A

It sounds wonderful. I'd love to visit one day.

聽起來真棒。我真想哪天去看看。
B

Yes! You are always welcome.

好啊!隨時歡迎你來。
Tip: After the second read-through, close the dialogue and ask the student to tell you the same things about their real town — no script. The dialogue is a warm-up for free speaking, not the goal. 小提醒:念完第二遍後,把對話收起來,請學生用自己真實的家鄉說同樣的內容——不看腳本。對話只是自由口說的暖身,不是目標。

4 · Let's talk 12 min

換你說 · 依程度選題,停在每個回答上

Pick questions that match the student's level. Stay on each answer — ask "Why?" and "Tell me more!" before moving on. 挑選符合學生程度的問題。停在每個回答上——往下進行前先問「為什麼?」和「再多說一點!」。

BEGINNER 初級
  • What is the name of your town?你家鄉的名字是什麼?
  • Is it big or small?它是大還是小?
  • What food is your town famous for?你的家鄉以什麼食物聞名?
INTERMEDIATE 中級
  • What is the best thing about your town?你家鄉最棒的地方是什麼?
  • What do people do there on the weekend?人們週末在那裡都做什麼?
  • How is your town different from a big city like Taipei?你的家鄉和台北這樣的大城市有什麼不同?
ADVANCED 進階
  • If a foreign friend visited for one day, where would you take them and why?如果一個外國朋友來玩一天,你會帶他去哪裡?為什麼?
  • What do you wish more people knew about your town?你希望更多人知道你家鄉的哪件事?
  • What is one problem your town has, and how could it be solved?你的家鄉有一個什麼問題?可以怎麼解決?
Tip: When the student finishes an answer, repeat one of their sentences back correctly and warmly ("Oh, so your town is famous for its mangoes!"). They hear the correct model without feeling corrected. 小提醒:學生講完一個回答後,溫暖地用正確的英文複述他的一句話(「喔,所以你的家鄉以芒果聞名!」)。這樣他能聽到正確示範,又不覺得被糾正。

5 · Going deeper 10 min

再深入一點 · 更長、更個人的回答

Now stretch the student into longer, more personal answers. Give them a few seconds of thinking time — silence is fine. 現在把學生帶往更長、更個人的回答。給他幾秒鐘思考時間——沉默沒關係。

BEGINNER 初級
  • Recommend one place in your town. What is it?推薦你家鄉的一個地方。那是什麼?
  • What can you do there?你在那裡可以做什麼?
INTERMEDIATE 中級
  • What makes that place special to you?那個地方對你來說為什麼特別?
  • Has your town changed since you were a child? How?從你小時候到現在,家鄉有沒有改變?怎麼變的?
ADVANCED 進階
  • Would you rather stay in your hometown or move to a big city? Explain your choice.你寧願留在家鄉還是搬到大城市?解釋你的選擇。
  • How do you think your town will change in the next ten years?你覺得你的家鄉未來十年會怎麼改變?
Tip: Listen for the connectors "because", "but", and "so". If the student speaks in short pieces, gently push them to link two ideas: "Tell me that again in one longer sentence with 'because'." 小提醒:留意「because」「but」「so」這些連接詞。如果學生只說短短一段段,溫和地推他把兩個想法連起來:「再說一遍,用『because』串成一個更長的句子。」

6 · Activity — give your tutor a tour 10 min

活動 · 帶老師遊你的家鄉

The student becomes a tour guide and walks you through their town out loud. 學生當導遊,用口說帶你走一遍他的家鄉。

  1. Tell the student: "Imagine I just arrived at your town's train station. Be my guide!"告訴學生:「想像我剛抵達你家鄉的火車站,當我的導遊!」
  2. Have them name three places they would show you, in order.請他依序說出三個會帶你去看的地方。
  3. At each stop, they say what it is and why it's worth seeing.每一站,他要說明那是什麼,以及為什麼值得一看。
  4. You play the happy tourist — ask one follow-up question at every stop.你扮演開心的觀光客——每一站都問一個追問問題。
  5. At the end, ask them to recommend the one place you absolutely must not miss.最後,請他推薦一個你絕對不能錯過的地方。

Welcome to ___! Let me show you around.

First, we'll go to ___. It's famous for ___.

Next, there is ___, where you can ___.

The food you have to try here is ___.

If you only see one thing, see ___ — because ___.

Tip: Lean in and react like a real visitor ("Wow, I have to try that!"). Your excitement keeps the student talking far longer than any grammar prompt would. 小提醒:身體前傾,像真的訪客一樣反應(「哇,我一定要試試!」)。你的興奮比任何文法提示都更能讓學生一直說下去。

7 · Wrap-up 5 min

收尾 · 讓學生為分享感到驕傲

Close warmly and leave the student feeling proud of what they shared. 溫暖地收尾,讓學生為自己分享的內容感到驕傲。

  • Ask: "Tell me two things you remember saying today in English."問:「告訴我今天你用英文說過、還記得的兩件事。」
  • Review two or three new words from the Key words list together.一起複習關鍵單字清單裡的兩到三個新字。
  • Share one thing they did really well today, and be specific.分享一件他今天做得很好的事,而且要具體。
  • Give a small homework idea: "Take one photo of your town and describe it next time."給一個小作業點子:「拍一張你家鄉的照片,下次描述它。」
Tip: End on a genuine compliment about their town, not just their English. "Your town sounds beautiful — thank you for showing me around" sends them off smiling. 小提醒:用一句真心稱讚他家鄉的話收尾,而不只是稱讚他的英文。「你的家鄉聽起來好美——謝謝你帶我逛一圈」會讓他帶著笑容離開。

🧭 Tutor notes

老師筆記 · 依眼前的學生調整課程

How to flex this lesson for the student in front of you: 如何依照眼前的學生彈性調整這堂課:

If they're shy / lower level 害羞/程度較低
  • Stay in the Warm-up and Key words longer; accept short answers and build them up.在暖身和關鍵單字多停留一會;接受短答案,再慢慢把它擴充。
  • Model every answer yourself first, then let them copy and adapt.每個回答都先自己示範一遍,再讓他模仿並調整。
If they're comfortable 已經自在
  • Move quickly to Let's talk and the tour activity, where they talk most.快點進到「換你說」和導覽活動,那裡學生說最多。
  • Push for full sentences and connectors like "because" and "but".要求完整句子,並使用「because」「but」之類的連接詞。
If they're strong 程度很好
  • Spend the bulk of time in Going deeper with the opinion questions.把大部分時間花在「再深入一點」的意見題上。
  • Ask them to compare, predict, and justify, not just describe.請他比較、預測、說理由,而不只是描述。
Most important: Talking time belongs to the student. If you're speaking more than they are, ask a question and wait. Their town is the lesson — your job is to be curious and let them shine. 最重要:說話的時間屬於學生。如果你說得比他多,就問一個問題然後等。他的家鄉就是課程——你的工作是保持好奇,讓他發光。