All Lessons · 課程總覽 Resources · 教學資源
Tutoring Lesson · Everyday Topics
👨‍👩‍👧

Family & Friends

家人與朋友

Family and friends are the people who shape our daily lives, so they make a warm, natural topic for any conversation. Everyone has stories to share here, and there are no wrong answers — just let your student talk about the people who matter to them.

⏱ ~60 minutes 🎯 All levels 🔊 Tap to hear any phrase

Before you start tutor prep

開始前 · 給老師的兩分鐘準備

This lesson is ready to teach as-is. Take two minutes to skim it, then open the call and follow the sections in order. Here is a quick checklist: 這份教案拿來就能上。先花兩分鐘瀏覽,再開啟通話,照著章節順序進行。以下是快速檢查清單:

  • Have this page open in a tab you can scroll while you talk.把這一頁開在一個分頁,上課時能一邊滑一邊講。
  • Check your microphone and the student's audio with a friendly hello.用一句親切的問候,確認你的麥克風和學生的聲音都正常。
  • Be ready to share your screen if the student wants to see the words or the dialogue.如果學生想看單字或對話,隨時準備好分享畫面。
  • Tap any 🔊 button to play a clean model of a word or phrase — use it whenever the student wants to hear something again.點任何 🔊 按鈕就能播放標準的字詞示範——學生想再聽一次時就用它。
  • Keep a simple chat box handy to type new words the student finds tricky.手邊開著一個簡單的聊天框,把學生覺得難的新字打出來。
Mindset: Families come in many shapes — big, small, blended, close, far away, or chosen friends who feel like family. Be gentle and let the student choose how much to share. If a question feels too personal, smile, move on, and let them lead. 心法:家庭有各種樣貌——大的、小的、重組的、緊密的、遠方的,或像家人一樣的好朋友。溫柔一點,讓學生自己決定要分享多少。如果某個問題太私人,就微笑帶過,讓他主導。

1 · Warm-up 5 min

暖身 · 輕鬆開場

Start with a few easy questions to relax the student and warm up their English. Ask one, listen, and react naturally before moving on. 先用幾個簡單的問題讓學生放鬆,暖一暖英文。問一題、傾聽、自然回應,再進到下一題。

  • Do you have a big family or a small family?你家是大家庭還是小家庭?
  • Do you have a best friend?你有最好的朋友嗎?
  • Who do you see most often — family or friends?你最常見到的是家人還是朋友?
  • Did you talk to anyone in your family today?你今天有跟家裡的人說到話嗎?
Tip: Answer one or two questions about yourself first. Sharing a little about your own family or friends makes the student feel safe to share too. 小提醒:先回答一兩題關於你自己的問題。稍微分享一下你的家人或朋友,會讓學生也覺得安心、願意分享。

2 · Key words & phrases 8 min

關鍵單字與句子 · 點 🔊 帶讀

Read each word together. Tap 🔊 to hear it, then have the student repeat and try it in a short sentence. 一起念每個字。點 🔊 聽發音,再請學生跟著念,並用簡短的句子試著造句。

  • family家人;家庭 My family lives in Taichung.
  • parents父母 My parents both like to cook.
  • brother兄弟 My brother is older than me.
  • sister姊妹 My sister and I share a room.
  • grandparents祖父母;外公外婆 We visit my grandparents on weekends.
  • relatives親戚 Many relatives come for the New Year.
  • best friend最好的朋友 My best friend is very kind.
  • to get along相處融洽 We get along really well.
  • to spend time花時間相處 I like to spend time with my family.
  • kind善良的;親切的 My grandmother is very kind.
  • funny有趣的;好笑的 My friend is so funny.
  • "I have ___ brothers and sisters"我有__個兄弟姊妹 I have two brothers and one sister.
  • "We like to ___ together"我們喜歡一起___ We like to cook together on Sundays.
Tip: Don't drill every word. Pick the ones the student wants and let them build a real sentence about their own life — that's where the speaking practice happens. 小提醒:不必每個字都操練。挑學生想要的字,讓他造一個關於自己生活的真實句子——口說練習就發生在那裡。

3 · Read & talk 8 min

讀與說 · A、B 兩個朋友的對話

Read this short conversation between two friends. You take A, the student takes B. Then switch roles. Tap 🔊 to hear any line. 一起念這段兩個朋友的短對話。你念 A,學生念 B,然後交換角色。點 🔊 可聽任何一句。

A

Do you have a big family?

你家是大家庭嗎?
B

Not really. I have one sister and my parents.

不算大。我有一個姊妹,還有我的爸媽。
A

Do you get along with your sister?

你跟你姊妹處得好嗎?
B

Yes, most of the time. She is really funny.

嗯,大部分時候都不錯。她很搞笑。
A

What do you like to do together?

你們喜歡一起做什麼?
B

We like to watch movies and eat snacks. How about you?

我們喜歡看電影、吃零食。你呢?
A

I spend a lot of time with my best friend. We grew up together.

我大部分時間都跟我最好的朋友在一起。我們從小一起長大。
B

That is nice. What makes a good best friend?

真好。什麼樣的人才是好的好朋友?
A

Someone who is kind and always listens to you.

一個善良、而且總是願意聽你說話的人。
B

I agree. Good friends feel like family.

我同意。好朋友就像家人一樣。
Tip: After reading, ask the student which line is true for them. Turning the script into real answers is the goal — the dialogue is just a warm starting point. 小提醒:念完後,問學生哪一句對他來說是真的。把劇本變成真實的回答才是目標——對話只是一個溫暖的起點。

4 · Let's talk 12 min

換你說 · 依程度選題,讓學生主導

Pick questions that fit the student's level. Let them answer in full sentences, and gently ask "Why?" or "Tell me more" to keep them talking. Everything here is optional — they share only what they want. 挑選符合學生程度的問題。讓他用完整句子回答,並溫和地問「為什麼?」或「再多說一點」,讓他繼續說。這裡的一切都是選擇性的——他只分享他想分享的。

BEGINNER 初級
  • Who is in your family?你家裡有哪些人?
  • Do you have brothers or sisters?你有兄弟姊妹嗎?
  • What is your best friend's name?你最好的朋友叫什麼名字?
  • Is your family big or small?你家是大家庭還是小家庭?
INTERMEDIATE 中級
  • What do you like to do with your family?你喜歡跟家人一起做什麼?
  • How often do you see your best friend?你多久見一次最好的朋友?
  • Who in your family makes you laugh?家裡誰最會逗你笑?
  • What do you and your friends usually talk about?你和朋友通常都聊些什麼?
ADVANCED 進階
  • How has your relationship with your family changed as you got older?隨著你長大,你和家人的關係有什麼變化?
  • What do you think makes a friendship last a long time?你覺得是什麼讓一段友誼能維持很久?
  • Is it easier to talk to family or to friends? Why?跟家人說話比較容易,還是跟朋友比較容易?為什麼?
  • How do friendships in Taiwan compare to what you've seen of other cultures?台灣的友誼和你看過的其他文化相比,有什麼不同?
Tip: If the student gives a short answer, repeat it back as a full sentence and add one follow-up question. This models good English and invites more talking. 小提醒:學生回答太短時,把它複述成一個完整句子,再加一個追問。這樣能示範好的英文,也邀請他多說。

5 · Going deeper 10 min

再深入一點 · 描述與解釋

Once the student is comfortable, move into richer questions. These ask them to describe and explain, which stretches their speaking. 等學生比較自在了,再進到更豐富的問題。這些問題要他去描述和解釋,能延展他的口說。

BEGINNER 初級
  • Tell me about one person you love. What are they like?說一個你愛的人給我聽。他是什麼樣的人?
  • Is your best friend kind? Funny?你最好的朋友善良嗎?搞笑嗎?
  • What is one fun thing you did with family or friends?你和家人或朋友做過一件什麼有趣的事?
INTERMEDIATE 中級
  • Describe a family member or friend you really admire.描述一位你很欣賞的家人或朋友。
  • What do you think makes a good friend?你覺得什麼樣才算是一個好朋友?
  • Tell me about a happy memory with family or friends.說一個你和家人或朋友的快樂回憶。
ADVANCED 進階
  • Describe someone you love and explain how they have shaped who you are.描述一個你愛的人,並解釋他如何形塑了現在的你。
  • What qualities matter most in a true friend, and why?真正的朋友最重要的特質是什麼?為什麼?
  • Share a memory that means a lot to you, and explain why it stays with you.分享一段對你意義重大的回憶,並解釋它為什麼一直留在你心裡。
Tip: Give the student thinking time before they answer the memory questions. A few quiet seconds is normal — resist filling the silence so they can build a real answer. 小提醒:在學生回答回憶類問題前,給他思考的時間。幾秒鐘的安靜很正常——忍住別急著填補沉默,讓他建立一個真實的回答。

6 · Activity — describe a person 10 min

活動 · 描述一個人

This activity turns vocabulary into real description. The student describes someone they care about, and you listen closely. 這個活動把單字變成真實的描述。學生描述一個他在乎的人,你仔細聆聽。

  1. Ask the student to think of one family member or friend (they choose who).請學生想一位家人或朋友(由他自己選)。
  2. The student describes that person — what they look like, what they are like, and what they do together.學生描述那個人——長相、個性,以及他們一起做的事。
  3. As they talk, ask gentle questions ("What color is their hair?" "What do you do together?") or try to picture or draw the person from their words.他說的時候,問些溫和的問題(「他頭髮什麼顏色?」「你們一起做什麼?」),或試著從他的話想像、甚至畫出那個人。
  4. At the end, describe the person back to the student and check: "Did I get it right?"最後,把那個人描述回給學生聽,並確認:「我說對了嗎?」
  5. If there's time, switch — you describe someone, and the student asks you questions.如果還有時間,就交換——你描述一個人,由學生來問你問題。

This is my ___.

They are very ___ and ___.

We like to ___ together.

One thing I love about them is ___.

Tip: The drawing doesn't need to be good — a stick figure is perfect. The fun of "Did I get it right?" gives the student a real reason to use clear, detailed English. 小提醒:畫得不好也沒關係——火柴人就很完美。「我說對了嗎?」的趣味,給了學生一個用清楚、有細節的英文的真實理由。

7 · Wrap-up 5 min

收尾 · 溫暖結束、看見進步

Close warmly and help the student feel their progress. Try these: 溫暖地收尾,幫助學生感受到自己的進步。可以試試這些:

  • Ask: "What are two new words you learned today?"問:「你今天學到哪兩個新字?」
  • Have the student say one full sentence about their family or a friend.請學生說一個關於他家人或朋友的完整句子。
  • Give one specific compliment ("Your description of your sister was really clear!").給一個具體的稱讚(「你把你姊妹描述得好清楚!」)。
  • Give a tiny "homework" idea: tell one family member or friend one thing in English before next time.給一個小小的「作業」點子:下次上課前,用英文跟一位家人或朋友說一件事。
  • Thank them and say you enjoyed hearing about the people they care about.謝謝他,並說你很喜歡聽他講那些他在乎的人。
Tip: End on something they did well. Students remember how a lesson felt, and a warm, encouraging close makes them want to come back and keep speaking. 小提醒:以他做得好的地方結束。學生記得的是一堂課的感覺,溫暖、鼓勵的結尾會讓他想再回來、繼續開口說。

🧭 Tutor notes

老師筆記 · 因材施教的即時提醒

Quick reminders for tailoring this lesson to your student in the moment: 在當下因應學生程度調整這堂課的快速提醒:

BEGINNER 初級
  • Speak slowly and use short questions.說慢一點,用簡短的問題。
  • Accept single words and help shape them into sentences.接受單字回答,再幫他把它變成句子。
  • Lean on the 🔊 buttons and lots of repetition.多倚靠 🔊 按鈕和大量的重複。
INTERMEDIATE 中級
  • Push for full sentences and one detail per answer.要求完整句子,每個回答帶一個細節。
  • Ask "Why?" and "Tell me more" often.常常問「為什麼?」和「再多說一點」。
  • Gently correct one or two key errors, not everything.溫和地修正一兩個關鍵錯誤就好,不必全改。
ADVANCED 進階
  • Ask open, comparing questions and let them lead.問開放、能比較的問題,讓他主導。
  • Introduce a richer word or phrase when it fits.在適合的時機帶入更豐富的字詞或片語。
  • Talk less yourself — aim for the student speaking most of the time.你自己少說一點——目標是讓學生說大部分的話。
Most important: This topic touches real people and real feelings. Stay warm, follow the student's comfort, and never push for details they hold back. A safe, kind conversation will teach more English than any perfect script. 最重要:這個主題碰觸到真實的人和真實的情感。保持溫暖,順著學生的自在程度,絕不逼問他保留的細節。一場安心、溫柔的對話,比任何完美的劇本都更能教會英文。