Bubble tea was born in Taiwan, so your student is the real expert here. Let them walk you through ordering and customizing the perfect drink while you help their English flow.
⏱ ~60 minutes🎯 All levels🔊 Tap to hear any phrase
Before you start tutor prep
開始前 · 給老師的兩分鐘準備
This lesson runs itself. You don't need to know anything about bubble tea — your student does, and that's the point. Skim this page once, then teach straight from the screen.
這堂課會自己運轉。你不用懂任何珍奶的事——學生懂,這正是重點。把這一頁瀏覽一遍,就直接照著螢幕上課。
Have this page open and your camera on. Smile and keep your energy warm.這一頁保持開著、鏡頭打開。微笑,保持溫暖的活力。
Tap any 🔊 button to play clean English audio — great for modeling pronunciation.點任何 🔊 按鈕就能播放清晰的英語發音——很適合示範發音。
Let the student do most of the talking. You are the curious listener and the gentle corrector.讓學生說大部分的話。你是好奇的聆聽者,也是溫和的糾正者。
Don't rush. If one section sparks a great conversation, stay there. The minute counts are a guide, not a rule.別趕。如果某一段引出了很棒的對話,就停在那裡。標的分鐘數只是參考,不是規定。
Keep a notepad (or the chat box) handy to jot down words the student struggles with for the wrap-up.手邊備好紙筆(或聊天框),把學生卡住的字記下來,留到收尾用。
Mindset: The student is the expert today. Your job is to make them feel proud of their culture while gently stretching their English. Ask "Why?" and "Tell me more" often.
心法:今天學生是專家。你的任務是讓他為自己的文化感到驕傲,同時溫和地延展他的英文。多問「為什麼?」和「再多說一點」。
1 · Warm-up 5 min
暖身 · 輕鬆開場
Start easy and friendly. These questions warm up the voice and get the student smiling. Let them answer in full sentences when they can.
輕鬆友善地開始。這些問題能暖開嗓子,讓學生笑起來。能用完整句子回答時就讓他這樣回答。
Do you like bubble tea? How often do you drink it?你喜歡珍奶嗎?多久喝一次?
What is your usual order? Tell me everything in it.你通常點什麼?把裡面的東西全告訴我。
Where do you usually buy your drinks?你通常在哪裡買飲料?
Do you drink it more in summer or winter?你夏天還是冬天喝得比較多?
What did you drink today, or yesterday?你今天或昨天喝了什麼?
Tip: If the student gives a one-word answer, smile and ask "Oh, why that one?" to pull out a longer reply. Don't correct yet — just get them talking.
小提醒:學生只回一個字時,微笑著問「喔,為什麼是那個?」引出更長的回答。先別糾正——讓他先開口說。
2 · Key words & phrases 8 min
關鍵單字與句子 · 點 🔊 帶讀
Read each word aloud, then have the student repeat it. Tap 🔊 to model the sound. Ask the student which words they already use in real life.
把每個字念出來,再請學生跟著念。點 🔊 示範發音。問學生這些字裡哪些是他生活中已經會用的。
bubble tea (boba)珍珠奶茶;波霸Bubble tea is my favorite drink after school.
tapioca pearls珍珠(粉圓)The tapioca pearls are chewy and sweet.
milk tea奶茶I always start with a classic milk tea.
sugar level甜度You can choose your sugar level when you order.
ice level冰塊量;冰度I like a low ice level so the tea is stronger.
topping配料My favorite topping is the big black pearls.
pudding布丁Sometimes I add pudding instead of pearls.
grass jelly仙草凍Grass jelly is soft and not too sweet.
"half sugar"半糖Can I have half sugar? It's sweet enough for me.
"less ice"少冰Less ice, please. I don't like it too cold.
"Can I get ___?"我可以點___嗎?Can I get a large milk tea with pearls, please?
Tip: Ask the student to teach you the Chinese name for one or two toppings, then say the English back. Trading words both ways builds confidence fast.
小提醒:請學生教你一兩種配料的中文名稱,再把英文說回去。兩邊互相交換字詞,能快速建立信心。
3 · Read & talk 8 min
讀與說 · A 是客人,B 是店員
Read this together. You take Clerk (B), the student takes Customer (A). Then swap. Tap 🔊 to hear any line first.
一起念這段對話。你當店員(B),學生當客人(A),然後交換。可先點 🔊 聽任何一句。
A
Hi, can I get a large milk tea, please?
嗨,我可以點一杯大杯奶茶嗎?
B
Sure! What sugar level would you like?
沒問題!你要幾分甜?
A
Half sugar, please.
半糖,謝謝。
B
Got it. And how about the ice?
好的。那冰塊呢?
A
Less ice, please. I don't like it too cold.
少冰,謝謝。我不喜歡太冰。
B
No problem. Would you like any toppings?
沒問題。要加配料嗎?
A
Yes, with pearls, please. And can I add pudding?
好,加珍珠,謝謝。我可以再加布丁嗎?
B
Of course. So that's a large milk tea, half sugar, less ice, with pearls and pudding.
當然可以。所以是大杯奶茶、半糖、少冰,加珍珠和布丁。
A
That's perfect. How much is it?
很完美。多少錢?
B
It's sixty-five dollars. It'll be ready in a minute!
六十五元。馬上就好!
Tip: After the second read-through, close your eyes to "the menu" and let the student order their own real drink off-script. That's where the real practice happens.
小提醒:第二遍念完後,把「菜單」收起來,讓學生不照稿、點一杯自己真正會喝的飲料。真正的練習就發生在這裡。
4 · Let's talk 12 min
換你說 · 依程度選題,讓學生主導
Pick questions that fit your student's level. Stay on the ones they enjoy. Let answers grow naturally.
挑選適合學生程度的問題。停在他喜歡的題目上,讓回答自然延伸。
BEGINNER 初級
What is your favorite drink?你最喜歡的飲料是什麼?
Do you like pearls or pudding more?你比較喜歡珍珠還是布丁?
How much sugar do you like — full, half, or none?你喜歡幾分甜——全糖、半糖,還是無糖?
Hot or cold? Which do you choose?熱的還是冰的?你選哪個?
INTERMEDIATE 中級
How do you customize your perfect drink? Walk me through it.你怎麼客製出最完美的一杯?帶我走一遍。
Why do you choose that sugar level and ice level?你為什麼選那個甜度和冰度?
Which shop do you like best, and why?你最喜歡哪一家店?為什麼?
Have you ever tried a drink you didn't like? What happened?你有沒有試過不喜歡的飲料?發生了什麼事?
ADVANCED 進階
If you opened your own bubble tea shop, what would make it special?如果你開一家自己的珍奶店,它會有什麼特別之處?
How has bubble tea changed since you were younger?從你小時候到現在,珍奶有了哪些變化?
Do you think there can be too many choices when you order? Why?你覺得點餐時的選擇會不會太多?為什麼?
What would you recommend to a foreigner trying boba for the first time?你會推薦第一次喝波霸的外國人什麼?
Tip: When the student names a topping or shop you've never heard of, light up and ask about it. Genuine curiosity keeps them speaking longer than any question can.
小提醒:當學生說出一個你沒聽過的配料或店家時,眼睛一亮、追問下去。真誠的好奇心比任何問題都更能讓他多說。
5 · Going deeper 10 min
再深入一點 · 從事實到想法
Now move from facts to ideas. These prompts ask the student to explain and reflect. Give them time to think.
現在從事實走向想法。這些題目要學生去解釋和反思。給他時間思考。
BEGINNER 初級
Imagine I have never seen bubble tea. Tell me what it is.想像我從沒看過珍奶。告訴我那是什麼。
When do you usually drink it — with friends, after school, or alone?你通常什麼時候喝——和朋友、放學後,還是自己一個人?
Is bubble tea cheap or expensive where you live?在你住的地方,珍奶算便宜還是貴?
INTERMEDIATE 中級
Why do you think bubble tea became so popular around the world?你覺得珍奶為什麼能在全世界這麼受歡迎?
Is bubble tea healthy? How often is it okay to drink?珍奶健康嗎?多久喝一次比較好?
How is buying a drink in Taiwan different from other countries?在台灣買飲料和在別的國家有什麼不同?
ADVANCED 進階
Bubble tea is now a symbol of Taiwan. How do you feel about that?珍奶現在是台灣的象徵之一。你對這件事有什麼感覺?
Should shops show the sugar and calories on the cup? Why or why not?店家應該在杯子上標示糖分和熱量嗎?為什麼要或不要?
What does drink culture say about everyday life in Taiwan?飲料文化反映了台灣日常生活的什麼面向?
Tip: If the student says "I don't know," rephrase it as a personal question: "What do you think?" Opinions are easier to find than facts.
小提醒:學生說「我不知道」時,把它改成個人問題:「你覺得呢?」意見比事實更容易找得到。
6 · Activity — role-play ordering 10 min
活動 · 點餐角色扮演
Time to put it all together. The student orders a fully customized drink out loud. Then swap roles so they practice both sides.
把全部串起來的時候到了。學生大聲點一杯完整客製的飲料,然後交換角色,兩邊都練到。
You are the clerk. Greet the student and ask what they'd like.你當店員。跟學生打招呼,問他想要什麼。
The student orders a drink, then chooses a size, sugar level, ice level, and at least one topping.學生點一杯飲料,再選大小、甜度、冰度,以及至少一種配料。
Repeat their full order back to them to check it.把他完整的訂單複述一遍,確認無誤。
Swap roles — now the student is the clerk and asks you the questions.交換角色——現在學生當店員,由他來問你問題。
Finish by having the student order their real, dream drink with no help.最後讓學生在沒有任何協助下,點出他真正夢想中的那一杯。
"Hi, can I get a ___, please?"
"I'd like ___ sugar and ___ ice."
"Can I add ___ as a topping?"
"So that's a ___ with ___. Is that right?"
Tip: Make a small "mistake" in your order (wrong size or topping) so the student has to correct you: "No, I said large, not small." Real conversations are full of these little fixes.
小提醒:在你的訂單裡故意犯個小「錯」(弄錯大小或配料),讓學生得糾正你:「不對,我說的是大杯,不是小杯。」真實對話裡到處都是這種小修正。
7 · Wrap-up 5 min
收尾 · 在高點結束
Close warmly and leave the student feeling they did well. Recap together.
溫暖收尾,讓學生帶著「我表現得很好」的感受離開。一起回顧。
Ask the student to name three new words or phrases they learned today.請學生說出今天學到的三個新單字或句子。
Have them order one last drink in one smooth sentence.讓他用一句順暢的話,點最後一杯飲料。
Share two things they did well, and one small thing to practice.說出他做得好的兩件事,以及一個可以再練習的小地方。
Give a tiny challenge: order a real drink in English (out loud at home or in their head) before next time.給一個小挑戰:下次上課前,用英文點一杯真的飲料(在家大聲說或在心裡默念)。
Thank them for teaching you about Taiwan's most famous drink.謝謝他教你認識台灣最有名的飲料。
Tip: End on a high note. The last thing they hear should be praise, not a correction. They'll come back excited.
小提醒:在高點結束。學生最後聽到的應該是稱讚,而不是糾正。他下次會帶著期待回來。
🧭 Tutor notes
老師筆記 · 臨場調整、因材施教
Quick guidance for adjusting on the fly to the student in front of you.
針對眼前這位學生臨場調整的快速指引。
IF THEY'RE SHY OR LOW-LEVEL 若害羞或程度較低
Model the full sentence first, then have them copy it.先示範完整句子,再讓他照著說一遍。
Stick to the Warm-up and Read & talk sections — repeat the dialogue several times.專注在暖身和讀與說兩段——把對話重複念幾遍。
Accept short answers and celebrate every attempt.接受簡短的回答,對每一次嘗試都給肯定。
IF THEY'RE CHATTY AND CONFIDENT 若健談又有自信
Skip ahead to "Let's talk" and "Going deeper" for more airtime.直接跳到「換你說」和「再深入一點」,給他更多說話的空間。
Push for reasons: "Why?" and "Can you give me an example?"追問理由:「為什麼?」和「可以舉個例子嗎?」
Note 2–3 errors to review at the end, not mid-sentence.記下 2~3 個錯誤,留到最後再檢討,別在句子中間打斷。
IF THEY WANT A REAL CHALLENGE 若想要真正的挑戰
Have them explain bubble tea culture as if to a tourist board.讓他像對觀光局簡報一樣,解說珍奶文化。
Ask them to debate: is bubble tea good or bad for Taiwan's image?請他辯論:珍奶對台灣形象是好是壞?
Introduce natural phrases like "I'm in the mood for" or "treat myself to."介紹自然的說法,例如「I'm in the mood for」或「treat myself to」。
Most important: Let the student be the expert. This topic belongs to them, so your warmth and curiosity matter more than any correction. A confident speaker improves faster than a perfect one.
最重要:讓學生當專家。這個主題屬於他,所以你的溫暖與好奇,比任何糾正都更重要。有自信的說話者,比追求完美的人進步得更快。